A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

     I wasn't trying to defend Elon Musk, but in light of the recent reminders I've seen that he bought Twitter specifically to platform hate speech, I'm forced to admit that even if he'd built his own platform from the ground up he'd still be an evil asshole. I confess, I don't go into the wilds of Twitter anymore. I just check what the people I follow are up to and leave it at that. I figured, however, that if Elon Musk wanted a website built for assholes, he should have that. Even I have limits, though, and trying to kill people for the crime of existing is just going too far. It is perfectly possible to go through life never saying anything racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, transphobic or Ableist and still be an asshole. I'd even go so far as to argue that you have to work to be that evil in this day and age. Sorry, Elon Muskrat. Even if you were to dial it back, you've gone too far. History will forever vilify you, and I don't feel the least bit sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment