A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2023

     When I was young, I used to retreat to a Universe that was like ours in every way, except only I could access it. I would go there to experiment with my appearance, wander around the empty streets near my house, or travel to far off places. As I grew older and more independent, I grew to rely less on my perfect world, and instead started trying to figure out what the closest thing to a Utopia we could build was. I picture a world where nobody has to work, everyone has a hobby, and there are large community gatherings every single day. It's not a whole, complete world, and even if I spend my entire life fighting for it, I know I couldn't possibly make it real. But I believe in it nevertheless. Every Dreamworld needs a beginning, and what better beginning could there be but a new version of heaven? 

No comments:

Post a Comment