A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2023

Sunlight

 Cresting over the horizon
I see the sun rise,
I see the dawn of a new day.

Our world is in shambles,
Our old lives are over,
How dare I think that things might
Actually get better?

All around me
I hear people scream,
Hear them beg
To be listened to 
By those they put in charge. 

Within me
My heart is pounding.
I know we will fight.
I know we can win.
I know that those
Who claim to know our needs
Better than us
Will soon be ousted,
If not worse.

Cresting over the horizon
I see the sun rise,
I see the dawn of a new day.
A day when our hopes and dreams
May at last
Become reality.

Hear my call
My fellow inmates,
Hear me 
As I scream for a world
That will let me live
The life I want to live.
A life that will bring me joy 
At last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment