A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 3, 2023

    Technically, it's the day before labor day, but I'm not suspending any of my poetry sessions. I have to say, it feels weird to be in a position where holidays don't matter. They could matter, I suppose, if I wanted to risk my rather fragile mental health, but after having my psyche destroyed by college I don't think that it's worth it. It's weird. If you had asked me at the time, I'd have said that I wanted to be in college forever, mostly because opting out of work isn't supposed to be an option unless you're insanely wealthy. Yet here I am, admitting it publicly because I don't think it should be a crime to not want to work in this day and age. We're a world of developed societies, why should we devote most of our life to creating wealth we will not benefit from? 

No comments:

Post a Comment