A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

    Lately I keep missing the past. I didn't have such a good childhood, and I wasn't the kind of person who felt like we lost something when the internet came along, but there are times when I realize that the kids being born today will never see the world that I grew up in. They won't know what it's like to grow up thinking that history truly was in the past, that all we had to do was work past a few minor conflicts. I'd like to think that the world has changed for the better, somehow, but even if that was true, I'll never see the world of my childhood again. I'm not devastated, but I do feel a little sad. In a few decades, my world will mean nothing to people. How do you cope with something like that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment