A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, April 24, 2023

The Other Side of the Fence

 I didn't know what I wanted.
I didn't know what I needed.
Then I saw it,
The other side of 
The giant wall,
Separating me from the world. 

The people were happy, 
Bonding over their love of life
And each other.
There was sadness, yes,
But nothing like what we have here.

I want to scream,
Why won't they help us.
Why won't they give us
What they have too much of?
I thought they couldn't hear us,
But they complain about
Us banging on their wall.

Won't those worthless rabble stop damaging our property?

There's a star being born
In my heart,
Born from the rage that's consuming me.
It illuminates the path forward,
But is burning everything around it.
All I feel is a desire for justice and 
Revenge.

Whoever,
Or whatever,
Is up where the stars shine bright.
Hear me,
Hear us,
Hear those who will not be heard by man.
Guide us to the place
On the other side of the fence
They built to contain us.

All we want is to have family
And friends once more.
All we want is to feel what we haven't felt in so long,
Most of us don't even know what it is we're missing.
Help us.
Help us to destroy those
Who only want to see us suffer
And die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment