A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

    It feels weird writing about Infinitelism. That's what I call my life philosophy/personal religion. Its so important to me, but I never talk about it, because talking about it would mean talking about the Infinite, and like everyone else, I'm scared that if I talk about the Infinite, our world won't be real anymore. In light of recent events, I feel like I have to talk about it. If only to talk about the Dreamworld, a topic that I increasingly feel to be of the utmost importance, but it's one that no one wants to mention. The whole reason I wrote a long post about Infinitelism is that I kept being struck by how often I saw people insisting we fight for our politics, but never bringing up what we should do about religion, even though I think people care equally deeply about both. Not only that, but I feel that the systems that govern us and the gods we worship are entwined even if we act as though we've separated church and state. I think that we need to discuss what religion is going to look like in an uncertain future, and if we want to have an honest and nuanced discussion about this, I think we need to look for where reality stops being real. To do that, we need to acknowledge the Infinite, or at least the fact that even if objective, external reality exists, we'll never be able to see it the way that we want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment