A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2023

This Can't Go On

 In my head there's a story
That's not meant to end, 
That's not made to have a point where it stops.
Like the world the ancients made, it goes on forever,
Building and changing with time.

In my head there's a story
I know has to end,
But I can't find a point where it stops.
So it grinds to a halt,
Crashing and burning,
With nothing to remember in its wake.

Is my story a world
That can't go on,
Doomed to be abandoned and forgotten?
Is my story a sign
That our world will soon die,
Without a how, where or why? 

In my head there's a story
That I know will end,
With a conclusion, and morals, and more.
So I write every day,
Till the pain goes away,
Until I know that my work is now done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment