A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2023

    When I was in school, I almost never studied for tests. Not because I could ace every subject without studying, but because whenever I opened up a book to start studying, I'd get so overwhelmed with all the things I had to try and learn that I just shut down and didn't do any of it. I feel like that's what's happening on a societal level. Every problem has reached crisis mode at the same time, and nobody knows what order we need to tackle problems in, or even what steps we should take to solve problems at an individual level. We aren't ignoring our problems, we're shoving them to one side and hoping they go away. I realize this is unrealistic, but what we need now is for someone with a soothing voice who has no involvement with the situation to come and help us figure out what order to do things in, and remind us that we'll be fine. Worked well for the Autism program I used in college, not sure how it'll help in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment