A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

     I can't be the only person who wishes that daydreaming was talked about more, and not just the simple kind you have where your mind wanders a bit. I didn't know until I was an adult that I wasn't the only one who had very elaborate fantasies, and I'm a writer. The entire reason that I became a writer was because I read a book when I was ten that said that daydreamers make excellent writers. I also know there are a lot of daydreamers like who find it overwhelming and isolating, and I completely understand, even if I don't personally feel that way. Even if we can't help people who have been trapped by their daydreaming, couldn't we at least admit that yes, it can be a problem? I will admit, to me daydreaming can sometimes be less fun, and more like I'm hooked on a drug that I have infinite access to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment