A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2024

The Enemy

 Stability.
Light.
Hope.
I see it in the city
I'm looking down on
As I soar through the world.
The world between worlds.
This place that's beyond
Human imagination.

The humans beneath me
Do not see me,
Do not comprehend me.
I am not above them,
I am beyond them,
Beyond anything they dream
Or understand. 

I reach out for their light.
Their hope.
The thing they ignore
Though they should cherish it deeply,
As all of my kind knows.
I do not hear it,
But my inner sight shows me
A human standing on a pedestal,
In front of every other human
On this planet.

"Attention everyone,
The enemy is upon us,
They are hunting us down
And killing us to a man.
Please run inside
And wait
For the ones 
That they fear
To dispatch with them."

Over and over again
I am killed,
With what I can only describe
As raw anger
Given physical form.
It no longer bothers me 
Anymore,
Though I used to feel pain.
They're strength and love
Surrounds them,
They believe that it protects them,
But those things mean nothing
To a being such as I.

I don't even know 
Why I'm seeking their light.
Some part of me knows
That it meant something once.
I want to know
What it means to be human,
To be unable to remember
The vortex of everything
As it crumbles and is reborn.

Pity the humans
Who fight my hand of fate.
They'll defeat me each time
But it's not me they should fear.
It's themselves.
It's the inevitable moment 
They reach out
Beyond the invisible barrier.
After all, 
I was one of them once.

No comments:

Post a Comment