A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

    If I ever became rich, I wouldn't know what to do with all of the money that I had. I'm used to just taking what I can get, looking for things a thrift stores, buying what's on sale, things like that. I'm not poor, I just don't have a lot of disposable income. Lately, though, I've been dreaming about what life would be like if I won the lottery, and I realized that if I could spend it I'm not sure what I'd spend it on. Buying things in a store where you can buy anything is just so much more overwhelming than trying to find treasure at a thrift store. It's not a big issue for me, but I feel like this is the reason so many people go bankrupt when they win the lottery; they don't know what they want to spend money on first. All they know is how to budget so that their needs get met. I don't have any great solutions for this, since it's not like anyone could claim that things like accessories or fancy clothes are necessities. I just think that dreams should be accessible to everyone, and that society and culture should be able to communicate with each other. Maybe instead of trying to monetize the ideas behind the metaverse, we should make them as available to people as possible so that everyone can find their identity. The money companies charge for cosmetics is kind of gross anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment