A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2024

    Am I the only person who looks at people who have hundreds of thousands of followers online and finds themselves thinking, at times, that they look from a distance like people who would gladly have chosen to do something else if given the opportunity? I say this, mind, as someone who chose to write a blog doomed for obscurity because she wasn't willing to do what literally everyone else has to do; kill off the parts of themselves not suitable for human consumption. I'm not kidding when I say that I've seen people who have achieved success beyond my wildest dreams and been filled with a sense of pity because I see someone who is predominantly known for the ten percent of their personality that the world is willing to tolerate. I come from a place of privilege, I will admit. I'm lucky enough to not have to work and I'm more than pissed that I live in a world that expects people to give up everything and gives them nothing in return. I am not someone who believes in a world of unlimited empathy. I am someone who believes in a future where no one is forced to live as someone they aren't simply so the world will accept them.

No comments:

Post a Comment