A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2024

     I really need to stop playing the lottery. It's not fun, at all, the only reason I play is because of the unfortunate truth that if you don't play the lottery, you won't win. Of course, statistically speaking even if you do play the lottery, you won't win either, in fact you have basically the same chance of winning if you do play as if you don't play. But the world won't accept that, and things are getting bad enough that I think it's worth the risk, especially since I don't have to worry about what happens if I don't win. Mentally, I'm mostly over it, but my mother still wants to play. It's worse for her than it is for me. She still has to work, and all of her friends are as trapped in this world as she is. At this point, I think I want a way for her to get the hell out of this world before it kills her. It's nice to know there are some things less likely than winning tonight's jackpot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment