A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 8, 2023

    We need to normalize wearing accessories purely for their expressive value, not because they're expensive. I say this as someone who enjoys wearing jewelry that's flashy because it wasn't made of expensive materials, mind you. My mother paid for me to get my ears pierced for my birthday, and I keep looking at the starter earrings I got (titanium with rhinestone in the middle) and asking myself, "What's the point of diamond Jewelry if it looks the same from a distance?" I know that jewelry is mostly about status, but I feel that status and money are just ways that society limits who we can be and how we're allowed to present ourselves, and I despise any and all parts of society that keep me from expressing myself to my fullest potential. Which is a lot of it, incidentally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment