A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2023

The Middle of the Ocean

 I can't remember the storm.
I can't remember the moment
Before the ship I was on
Sank to the bottom.
All I know is that I'm sitting
On what's left of it,
Staring out to the horizon.

I'm floating,
Alive for right now,
But how can I possibly get back to shore?
How can anyone save me
When they don't even know I'm here?

When will I be able to admit there is no escape?

Of course, I'm not in a real ocean
Surrounded by the carnage
Of a wrecked vessel.
Of course, I'm not alone.
Everyone else is going about their day.

But everyone is trapped as well.
Far away from shore,
Unable to beg for help.

How is it that we're all about to drown,
Too far away from shore to be saved?
How can so many of be in so much trouble,
Yet none of us can find someone who will help us?

Is it too late to try and swim back to shore?

No comments:

Post a Comment