A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 3, 2023

    I'm a coward. I've been living the past year as though fascism was a distant thing, something that doesn't affect me. I don't leave my house, I've never had a job, in the six years that I've been blogging I've only gotten about 2700 views, I'm not listed by google and I don't have any followers. I can't possibly be a bigger loser than I already am, so what could this world possibly take from me? In truth, not a lot, for which I'm intensely grateful. But it still finds things to take, things that mattered a lot to me, things that aren't important in the long run. I tell myself that it's not important, that the only way a reasonable number of people will see me is if I beg them to on Facebook, but I have to say something. I have to prove, if only to myself, that I have a voice. Someone, somewhere, is listening to what I have to say, and they're waiting to say if I'll be brave enough to speak my mind. My world is falling to fascism, but I won't give up my power even as I stand before the firing squad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment