A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2023

The Game

 Is this supposed to be my dream?
Am I supposed to want 
To live amongst your kind?
Why do you want me 
To beg for your forgiveness and love?

You did not love me 
When I begged at your feet
For a scrap of hope and humanity.
You did not love me
When I gave you my world
And everyone in it.

Now that you've been banished
From the world in my heart,
You think nothing of tormenting me
Until I give in,
Until I beg you for the mercy
That doesn't exist.

I will not give in,
I still have my dignity and soul intact,
Despite everything that you've done.
I will not let go
Of all that I have left, 
No matter how much you torture me.

I am a human,
A voice screaming
Through the future
Until someone hears her.
I will not play by the rules of your game,
And I won't let you win the rights to my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment