A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2023

    I have a confession to make; I don't believe in objective, external reality. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, because you can't believe in an Dreamworld and say that you think reality is a myth at the same time, I just don't believe in a reality that exists regardless of your belief in it. I live in reality, I see it everyday, and I interact with the world that was built on top of it, but if we live in a world where society dominates our lives, despite not being real, I think we should acknowledge that maybe the reason reality functions without our help is less due to the fact that it doesn't depend on belief and simply that more things are willing to believe in it. To put it another way, if it wasn't for the actions of every planet, star, and galaxy in our Universe working together to make sure the laws of physics never changed, reality wouldn't exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment