A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2024

The Apocalypse

 Fire
Burns through the world around me,
Killing everyone 
And everything.

Fire
Destroys the world
And everyone 
Who lives in it.

Fire
Dances against the night sky,
Fills the air with smoke
And shadow,
Makes it impossible
To breathe,
To think,
To live.

Fire
Is all that I can see,
I can't even see the silhouettes 
Of the people running from the flames.
I can't hear anything
Over the roar of the flames,
Does that mean that everyone's dead?

Fire
Engulfs me,
And as I die
I see the light,
Brighter than the sun,
Burning within me.

Fire 
Saved me
From the pain that I felt,
But I will always remember my flesh
Melting as the flames
Burned me.
I will always know what it's like
To watch as my world 
Turns to ash and dust.

Fire
Is filling the air with the particles
That warm the world.
So the fires we build
Will be hotter,
Fiercer,
More deadly,
And no matter how fast we run,
We cannot escape
The flames. 

No comments:

Post a Comment