A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2023

A World Without Humans

    I don't know why humans want to get rid of humans so badly. 

   A question that came up in school yesterday was "will we ever be replaced by AI?" our teacher says that we've been asking that question for more than a century, and people still debate it constantly. I didn't really think about it that much, all that was needed was a paper about how AI has made our lives better and gotten rid of jobs no one wanted in the first place. 

   I suppose I like AI more than most. My mother works on building AIs, my sister's a computer genius, and I've lived among citizens my entire life. Even with my poor school record, I'm set for life. Most of the other kids at my school live in public housing, their parents can't find work, they have no way of making life better for themselves. Still, Jeanine is working on becoming a citizen, and she says that she'll make it, so I don't know why they hate me so much.

    One thing that bothers me is the citizens keep wanting to make it harder to become a citizen. Until last year, if you were a child of a citizen you were automatically granted access, but now that's no longer true. My mother keeps pushing me to get good enough grades to enter private school again, because she's forgotten that grades aren't why I had to leave in the first place. She doesn't want to remember that the private schools are haunted by the spirits of those who couldn't make it in society. 

    I wish I could make it as a citizen, but I'm beginning to think I'll have to move to public housing. I see ghosts everywhere the citizens are. It didn't used to be that bad, but it's gotten worse as I get older. What happened to the world where you could be a failure and still be happy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment