A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2022

The Cracks in the System

     How does a human with the abilities of a Midnight Nightmare go unnoticed?

    A Nighttime vendor tells me that he met a human from the human realm. They live in a paradise, so they are always powerless. A great deal of effort is expended by Nightmares from every realm to keep power from going their way. 

   I can find no evidence of a human from the Fairy realms that was unaccounted for, that night last week. I've checked with the Sorcerer and Monster realms. I don't want to go to the shadow realm yet, because I know James will be on my case for dismissing him. I'm beginning to think that he might have been right. 

    If this is a human from the human realm, then something's gone horribly wrong. I've been hearing grumblings, because they have a largely homeless population and not enough houses. Power isn't just used for Nightmares to torment them after all, it's used to keep Estellia real. They say they don't have enough. Most of us, myself included, think that it's just a ploy for more power. 

    Yet I'm now facing the real possibility that a Midnight Nightmare was born there, where one ought to have never seen one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment