A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2024

The Sea of Stars

 There's nothing like it.
Standing on a pillar of stillness
In an endless sea of starlight. 
No color,
No gradient,
Nothing but black and white.
All human sensation suspended
To sense the power of the unknown.
This is the place where our souls live.

I can still remember the first time I saw this place.
I was young,
A child,
Old enough to have opinions and some independence,
Not quite old enough to be on my own. 
I was alone,
But I wasn't afraid.
For the first time in my life
I felt like me world made sense. 

I'm not alone anymore.
All around me I see children,
The same age I was when I first saw this place.
I felt like I knew everything, 
But they don't look much older than toddlers to me.
Ah well,
They'll grow up,
Stronger, smarter, and nicer
Then I. 
But I know for a fact they'll never lose the sense of awe 
That comes when you see this place. 
I know this
Because even now
I look at the sea of stars
And I feel as though I see everything that is,
Was,
And will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment