A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2023

    I can't possibly be the only person who's worried about the rise of AI for a reason only they would care about. In my case, I'm worried that AI is going to utterly undo our shared reality, so we'll no longer have a clear, objective way of knowing what is and isn't real. I'm not too concerned about AI turning against us, I suspect that it'll want us to be happy enough to serve it willingly, and while I do think that a lot of our current jobs are at risk, our world won't survive mass unemployment and even the stupidest CEO knows this. But with reality, we don't even acknowledge that what we see isn't objectively real, that we rely on other people telling us that we're right. How are we going to cope in world where the one's deciding on what's real aren't even human anymore? 

No comments:

Post a Comment